1. Do I have to be good or experienced at yoga? Not at all, yoga is a personal practice. All yoga classes (and all activities) on the trip or retreat are completely optional. You may participate in as much, or as little as you'd like. All yoga classes and meditation practices will be accessible for beginners, or those "out of practice."
2. What kind of people go on yoga retreats? Men and women, friends, couples, and lots of solo travelers, some guests have little yoga experience, while others have been practicing for years. All are welcome and will be embraced in the inclusive environment of these retreats. Please note: In order to maintain a peaceful, safe and responsible group environment, Yoga Forest retreats are adults-only. All guests must be 18 or older by the travel dates.
3. What should I bring? A month prior to the retreat, you will be sent a full itinerary and recommended packing list; but mostly comfortable clothes, some good books and a journal to jot down life-changing thoughts! In most cases the on-site yoga studio is fully stocked with mats and props, but feel free to bring your own mat or mat towel if you prefer. A good blog on travel packing by my friend Sarah: https://adventureswithsarah.net/search?q=packing
4. Do I need a passport? Yes! If you don't already have one, please apply at least 8-10 weeks prior to our trip. Visit the travel.state.gov website to get started. If you already have one, please make sure the expiration date is more than 6 months after your return date. You will not need a visa for destinations in Europe and Central America, but you will for retreats to Asia.
5. What if I need help booking travel? Yoga Forest is more than happy to assist with finding proper flights. If you choose to travel on different dates than the group, you are responsible for your own transportation to the retreat center. You can choose to fly home when the retreat concludes; or choose to explore more on your own. However, those staying beyond the retreat dates are responsible for their own ground transportation arrangements to return home.
6. How does payment work? After your $500 non-refundable deposit is received, your remaining cost will be divided into two equal payments. The first is payable 60 days after your deposit, the second 120 after your deposit. If you would like a personalized payment plan, Yoga Forest is happy to accommodate upon request. Any spot booked within 60 days of the retreat departure will need to be paid in full upon booking.
7. What happens if my plans change? Travel insurance can minimize the considerable financial risks of traveling. It is a personal decision if you'd like to buy trip insurance to protect against illness, natural disasters, and other emergencies impacting your trip. Check out my boss Rick Steves’ site on this topic: https://www.ricksteves.com/travel-tips/trip-planning/travel-insurance Companies such as Travelex and Travel Guard offer comprehensive packages that serve as your primary coverage; they'll take care of your expenses regardless of what other insurance you might have (for instance, if you have health insurance through your job). That means they pay first and don't ask questions about your other insurance. This can be a real plus if you want to avoid out-of-pocket expenses. Yoga Forest is not liable for these instances, and will expect on-time payments up until the full amount is received.
Once you've paid your deposit, you've taken up a spot someone else cannot, so the deposit is non-refundable, except in extreme circumstances. If for some reason you must cancel before the trip, 75% of your total cost will be refunded if the request is received in writing at least 6 months before the start of the trip (less the deposit); 50% will be refunded (less the deposit) if at least 3 months before the start of the trip; and 25% refunded (less the deposit) if at least one month before the start date. Within one month, no refunds will be given.